Thursday, April 20, 2006

Teaching MUS 121 Intro to Listening .. Things I learned

1. I miss and REALLY miss teaching piano.
2. I'm glad I'm not a musicology major.
3. How come I have not heard these pieces before?
4. Why do I own so few CDs?
5. Why does the UA library have such a small video collection?
6. I am teaching study and test-taking skills more than music itself.
7. Open book tests: give at your own risk! Students don't know how to take them.
8. Attendance: I'm not their mom and I'd rather not have to take note.
9. I want to be out of class just as badly at times ... I'd rather be at home practicing or shopping!
10. What would happen if I overslept the day I'm supposed to give the final? Students would be really happy, that's for sure!
11. So many composers had syphillis, tuberculosis ... it's crazy!
12. I'm really interested in the history of jazz and popular music.
13. I don't know as much about Chinese music as I should and want to.
14. I can handle the media cart. I'm not technologically challenged.
15. Power Point can be your friend.
16. SAVE! backup. SAVE! print! and never lose your USB drive!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gloria
    Quick register at my site RecordingArtistes.com and post your artiste bio,info, pics etc.

    ReplyDelete