Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Countdown Begins

Here we go, it's about 6 days to the first recital. My home is so noisy that I have resorted to practicing at my physician's home. They are in the UK so I can feel free to use their piano.

I have selected my weapon for the Kuala Lumpur recital. It's easy to get imitation everything in Malaysia (imitation Guess, Prada, Gucci, Dunhill.. you name it). The grand piano I'll perform on is a Steinway copy made by Young Chang, under license from some German company. Rather funny! I am playing on an imitation Steinway.

It's been crazy trying to get the logistics of the hall and pianos. Also most of the pianos need some work before they would be up to performing standards. My piano technician has been showing me the different actions of the pianos. I have examined pins and felts, and every nook and cranny of a piano. Pretty interesting and amazing! What a contraption!

Ticket sales and publicity is going on full swing. I am not quite ready for all the attention but I guess it's coming. There may be a mini press conference sometime but I don't know when. Just want to be presentable, this shorter hairstyle needs work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment