Thursday, June 28, 2007

People watching at O'Hare

It's bright and early in Chicago. I occasionally like people-watching but not when I'm sleep deprived. This travel round doesn't seem too bad especially with a good massage and hot tub at my friend's last night.

I'm wondering this: if a Boeing 747 seats more than 300 people, how do they expect everyone to be in the waiting area. There are barely enough seats for those who are waiting. So I find myself a corner to devour my McDonald's breakfast. The only time I will suffer fast food breakfasts. There must be the unwritten sign "parents with little children". There were three families with little ones. I told my students once that I can almost pick out people from different countries based on how they treat or handle their kids in the airport. I still can! Travelling with real little kids is tough and right now, I really appreciate it that I'm a single traveller. I will enjoy this while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment