Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Trouble with travelling so much

*sigh* I wonder how I'm going to keep my private students happy. I have had to move their lessons around so many times these couple months. My audition at U of Nebraska-Lincoln was postponed to the next week meaning I have to reschedule everyone for this week and next week again. There are two more auditions coming up and no more weekends available until April. I have two conferences I will need to present at. I am also going to have to move at the end of March, so there goes Easter weekend.
Lucky me!

I may never get to fully unpack my suitcase until April except for changing the clothes I put in. I'm so thankful for a laptop. It makes travelling, editing papers and keeping in touch much easier. (I love wireless connections.)

It's also very difficult for me to find another part-time job since I'm gone so much. I don't think my employers would understand. So far, I've two interviews. I was hired in Jan but never called to work. I am waiting for word on my last interview which was on Monday.

I hope gas prices come down and that I would be able to afford all these trips I'm taking. I may have another job and may have a cheaper place to stay. I'm thinking of bunking with a friend for the next couple months and just see where things lead to.

No comments:

Post a Comment