Wednesday, February 16, 2005

U of Oregon outcome

Hmmm as I guessed. My gut feeling was correct. I should have reversed my application to a PhD instead prior to my audition. I don't think the musicology faculty got to review my file before I got there. Too bad I did not get to meet them. Maybe it was best if I did what I thought about doing: skipping my audition. I so badly wanted to but they found me and I would feel very bad for my sponsor.

My consolation that evening was a good salmon and red snapper dinner. Matt and Crystal who hosted me are wonderful. I wish them the best in their engagement and upcoming wedding. It is so exciting! I liked the place and the people. It is always fun when you have a roomful of music majors to hang out with.

Time to move on to the next audition.

No comments:

Post a Comment