Sunday, September 24, 2006

Tangent: Random Stuff at UA

1. It's crazy taking 2 history classes and a theory class in one semester. All that on top of a doctoral recital. I just can't keep track of what's due when.
2. Teaching the same two MUS 121 music appreciation sections. Poor kiddos had to deal with faculty changes three times in a matter of 7 days.
3. I didn't know I give killer tests until one test came back with blood on it! Dr. H at WSU would be proud and amused. Less than 10% flunked :)
4. Trying also to get the contra dance group to get off the ground and I will probably invest in dance shoes pretty soon.
5. Learning to sell football tickets and my precious junk by posting flyers. I don't think I've given out my cellphone no so randomly before.
6. There's one more piece of paperwork for me as a teacher this semester. Hopefully this increase is only one a semester.. so I'll look forward to 3 more pieces. What's the redtape all about?
7. Health insurance is paid for starting this year, so that means a pay raise of about $1000.
8. Facebook is like the official unofficial notice board. I hate it!
9. Moving is no fun but a good way to trim junk.
10. I now actually do sleep with my computer and my piano library. They're all in the bedroom... nightmarish huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment