Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Free Classical Sheet Music

I stumbled upon this website, Sheet Music Fox, a long time ago when I was at Southwestern College. My memory was jogged when another pianist mentioned it on a forum last week. I'd just like to post it here especially for those of you in Malaysia who are logging on. I live further away from campus now so I do a lot of my studying over the internet. I was looking up Beethoven's Andante Favori WoO 57 this evening and found the score there.

The site is searchable by composer and keyword I think. Also browsable by composer. The pieces are PDF files, which you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access and print. I don't think the edition of pieces posted here would be recommended study editions, because the sources are unnamed. It is best to use these to sight-read and determine whether it would be suitable before buying "trusted" editions. I know music is expensive and sometimes hard to come by in Malaysia. Of course, for bargain hunters & the cash-strapped this site is excellent.

So enjoy browsing the site. I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment