Monday, February 25, 2008

Last Week of Feb: A Marathon

I am wondering where did the month of February go. The flu robbed most of the month and I'm still not 100% well. I am on my second course of Tamiflu and looking at the prescription bill eat away my scholarship money. It has been a hectic month trying to keep everything together and getting well. I thought I was caught up on all my stuff as a teacher and of course, mid-term grades had to be due. I spent most of Friday staring at my computer entering 130 grades.

Other than learning to walk in my freedom, the good news is that my lecture topic was approved by the graduate coordinator. No nitpicking :) I had prayed for a topic because I was so stuck and the same night, an idea hit me. I went online the next day, did some research and submitted all my interlibrary loan requests. All the articles came within the week and all the books I needed were at Gorgas. This is frankly amazing! The better part is I have six of sixteen pages of text as of Saturday. I am waiting to hear back from the rest of my committee members before scheduling the lecture. I intend to give this lecture sometime within the next two weeks. After which, it's one down two to go.

"Dance to the Music" will be this Friday. It will be my official first dance recital. I found an outfit which is a little out of character (Meg, you'd be proud!). If I'm wearing a spaghetti strap dress on stage, the audience better be paying ;) I'm involved with a group swing dance routine. Since my partner has been so busy, we have not been able to practice together. Gosh, the jokes about this are still going around and they are rather funny. Hopefully we'll practice soon. As for Friday, I'm the official tech person during the day. For the dress rehearsal, I did get my hair and makeup done in 10 mins, so I'll stick to the record. I've got to figure out how I'm going to change and get ready for the evening showcase.




Saturday is Birmingham Music Club auditions.. so it means no sleeping in. In the evening, there will be a swing dance.. so it starts all over again. The group swing dance routine will also be performed here and I think my friends will be there.

And Sunday.. maybe I won't be playing with the praise team on piano. If I get back on the tambourine, it still means getting to church at 8:30am. On Sunday afternoon, there is a recital honoring my former teacher. I should be there but my presence will not be very welcomed. If I'm exhausted by then, I'll politely stay in bed at home than force myself to stay awake at a recital.

Anybody willing to slip into my shoes this week? :) Back to writing my lecture...

No comments:

Post a Comment