Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A whim: ice-cream :)

Sitting in front of the computer all day editing my dissertation is not very exciting. I had mentioned on fb that housework has never been more appealing until I had to spend hours writing. Don't ask me what I did when I found out I had a meeting with my committee in less than 6 hrs at the end of April. My dissertation group laughed at my sense of humor and coping skills.

I had Almond Balls at the University Club last week with the dissertation support group and decided I'd make my own version. They used a chocolate shell for theirs but I wasn't in a mood for chocolate tonight so I did this instead.

1. 4 or 5 finely chopped almonds
2. a teaspoon of coconut flakes
3. 2/3 cup of vanilla ice-cream
4. Butterscotch topping to drizzle. (Or chocolate or caramel)

Chop almonds on cutting board and mix with coconut flakes.
Scoop ice-cream and roll on cutting board so that it is coated with the almond & coconut mixture. Put ice-cream into a bowl and drizzle butterscotch topping. Serve immediately. Enough for 1 person!

My other favorite dessert is mangoes over peach frozen yogurt. Top with whipped cream and a sprig of mint. :) I think sometime I would like to have a parfait bar for a party. Wouldn't that be fun? Hands off the berries, they are all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment