Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lucy Pevensie & Aslan

I am in the thick of fighting for my dissertation. Not only am I fighting for it physically, but also in the spiritual.

I had two impressions concerning my battle. Firstly, I was standing, leaning against a huge being and enfolded by giant wings. No one would be able to touch me. Secondly, I was standing beside a lion, like Lucy Pevensie in the Chronicles of Narnia, poised to fight. No one would dare come close. Lucy doesn't fight, she just stands with full faith in her lion. These two impressions give me great comfort and encouragement.

Someone at church also gave a rhema word on Sunday as I was having these impressions. I knew those words were for me and spoke straight into my situation. "I have come to give you encouragement, ... encouragement that is tempered by steel so that you may stand against the schemes of the enemy." I stood taller that day, knowing that my resolved is being strengthened by God and I have to stand. Stubborn is as stubborn is and a battle of wills is going on.

I hope the next post here will be on the battle. I've already won, but I want to blog on how the battle unfolded. They don't call it a defense for nothing, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment