Monday, August 20, 2012

The pianist is silent

The title of the blog says it all, doesn't it. Yes, I have been quite silent the last year. The quick update to this blog is that I got married to my dear ballroom dance partner. We had been great friends since December and we decided to tie the knot in March. The transition is hectic and stressful, but what life change isn't. 

We had a lovely wedding at my former workplace. That about explains it all without having to go into detail. My family was able to be there along with my husband's family. We had a great time since we're both very practical. We honored both wedding traditions, bride wearing white at the church wedding and then red at the reception for the tea ceremony. My mom was able to make my bouquet for me along with the altar arrangements. One of my groomsmen's family decorated the chapel for me. Our Sunday School decorated the reception area and arranged all the tables and chairs. Without their help, we wouldn't have been able to have such a beautiful wedding.

Wedding ceremony music.. ah the pianist must be performing but she had to walk down the aisle. I solved the problem by using music recorded from several of my live recitals. Kempff/Bach's Wachet auf for the processional and the Fugue from the Capriccio served as the recessional. Prelude and postlude music were also recordings of mine. It was nice to hear some of the recordings again.


I am now a self-employed entrepreneur and home engineer of all sorts. I still teach a limited number of private students but have been crafting seriously. Below are several menu planner magnet sets which I am making for sale. They started off as an organizer for myself as the food management duties fall on me right now.


     On a more exciting note, we might have located a Kawai grand piano with a 7/8 Steinbuhler keyboard that we can afford. It might mean a very tight living space until we find our permanent home, but it will be well worth the investment. This would be in preparation of expanding my private studio here in the city and returning to performing (resume practice first, of course). This also means Glojet mobile will have to run a couple thousand miles more before we replace my trusty old chariot.

An-An the Siamese cat is doing just fine as you can see in the picture above. She is happy as she now gets a lot of real fish. :) As ornery as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment