Friday, April 24, 2009

Summer Plans 2009

Things I look forward to when I finish everything at UA:

1. Job applications: Quite a few decisions to make on what career path I would like to take. I'm looking for a job combining music, cultural studies or Chinese studies. Very few can claim to have lived in and taught the Hokey Pokey to two remote villages in China!

2. Read: I'm more interested in non-fiction so I will probably keep reading books on Chinese history and Beethoven. Maybe I'll start some work on tracing Beethoven in Chinese music history?

3. Piano: I want to attend Barbara Lister-Sink's workshop but that depends a lot on $$ and transportation. I'm toying with the idea of playing through more Beethoven stuff or I'll return to Bach.

4. Chinese: I have all my Chinese textbooks with me and I can't wait to dig into them again. I will continue translating Madame Mao's speeches and possibly prepare them for publication. I have several Chinese versions of English texts I would like to start working on like the "History of Western Music" Palisca-Grout and the bible.

5. Car: Yes, it's time to let go of my car or I can attempt to fix it again on my own with a friend's help. Distributor cap, I officially dislike you! Where's the lifetime warranty? I'm getting around in a borrowed vehicle these few weeks (or months).

6. Beading: I'm thinking of expanding jewelry making to beading embroidery. I'm a little concerned as the last time I did such intricate work, I inflamed a nerve in my right wrist. No permanent effects, but it sure hurt! I long to work on stained glass again.

7. Dance as much as I can.

8. Secret! You'll find out when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment