Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fruit Bars/Cookies "Recipe"

A few colleagues asked for this recipe for the fruit bars I brought on August 25

1 bag Oatmeal Cookie Mix by Betty Crocker
1 stick of Land of Lakes Salted Butter (the best butter, I think)
1 salmonella free egg

A handful of
1. Coconut flakes
2. Raisins
3. Cranberries
4. Blackcurrants
5. Butterscotch chips

You may substitute or add other dried fruit to the list above using dried apples, apricots, or dates. Add nuts if desired, almonds or walnuts suggested for this recipe. Omit butterscotch chips if you wish.

Directions:
Empty cookie mix into mixing bowl.

Mix fruit (and nuts) into cookie mix. Make sure fruits are coated with the mix. How much fruit is too much fruit? The amount of fruit I use is about 1/3 the amount of the cookie mix.

Add softened butter and egg.

* I was too lazy to shape the cookie dough so I did the quick version and pressed the dough evenly into a greased 9 X 12 pan. I am not sure how long I baked it, probably 12 mins or so.

Bake according to the directions on the bag if you're making individual cookies. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment