Wednesday, June 22, 2005

30 Famous Chinese Piano Pieces

This book offers a good selection of Chinese piano music by current composers. The score for the pieces I chose for my senior and graduate recital are found here. The paper quality of the book is rather poor. It would be advisable to make photocopies when learning a new piece. Markings would easily damage the score. I'm sorry I don't know whether it is an acid-free edition since it is published in China.

I do intend to talk about each piece and composer in brief, with the hopes that this would be a source of information for pianists and teachers alike. In my research I have found that the little information is scattered in many different websites and references. And of course it would also help me keep track of the information I have found. There is just too much note paper scattered in my apartment too.

The only website that sells this book for a decent price is China Sprout. While you are at this site, check out some of their other offerings. I will be investing in a couple more books later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment