Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I got IT!!

Yes, the full assistantship with the tuition waiver and monthly stipend. I can afford to go to doctoral school now. I could have screamed that out on the sidewalk after I put down the phone.

I was practicing this morning when I received a call from the graduate coordinator. I met him but I can't remember his name. He called to offer me the full assistantship and asked if I was planning to come to school. I told him I had already made plans to move to Alabama and that I accept the assistantship. My contract is in the mail and now I guess I really have to start packing.

I'm very excited to study with Amanda Penick. I had no idea who this lady is, but she is so incredibly sweet. It'll be hard not to like her. I found out more about her in this article written by her daughter-in-law. Read all about her. I am sure I will benefit from her teaching very much. Hence, I'm still practicing and practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment