Sunday, November 12, 2006

It's done!

Yes, my first recital is over. I should capture the moment. I feel that I did my best out there and I am happy that I played decently. I had a relaxing day and wasn't stressed .. even took a nap without setting my alarm clock. Decided to be traditional and wore black, although this time black silk & Swarovski crystals with a pearl choker.

I wasn't surprised that a note-perfect Bach wouldn't happen today. Monday was a fluke I think. The Haydn was fine, little slips here and there. I don't think I took as many chances as I should have and could be a little more playful. There was something elusive about the Haydn, and I think a friend pointed it out. I think I was lost in the detail of the piece, and didn't project the whole picture as much as I should.

I am proud of the Brahms piece. I have to say that it did rise to the occasion and I took more time rounding off phrases. The transitions were done as I expected. I was true to my interpretation of the piece to the end. The Chinese pieces were fun but I missed a whole run LOL. There was a memory slip in the last piece because there was something wrong with my fingering. Overall, I played with conviction, and managed to elicit as many different colors from the piano as possible. I count that a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment