Monday, November 13, 2006

Malaysian Music Links

I've been surfing the web for resources to teach the world music course next year. I thought I should try to look for some stuff about my own country, Malaysia. I am pleasantly surprised that the Malaysian Ministry of Culture, Arts and Heritage has a website and included video & sound files for downloading here.

There are folk songs and folk dances of Malaysia listed here. Also video clips of puppet (wayang kulit) plays accompanied by the gamelan is available. As one would expect, the website is available in Malay and English. You should be able to click on the audio or video links from the publication page and browse the files. I haven't figured out how exactly to download from this site yet but will soon.

Happy browsing!

No comments:

Post a Comment