Friday, November 10, 2006

First DMA Recital

Wow, after all the "I can't memorize", "I get really bad stage fright", "I can't do this" of my freshman year, here we are - three days to a DMA recital. I have played for people several times and have had note perfect renditions lately. It has never happened this consistently before, although it is still not every time it is happening more frequently.

I am ready, I don't think I've ever been more ready to play and play well. Not taking any prisoners this time. I have learned to tune comments and critiques out at this point. I felt that it has been beneficial and productive to just live with my pieces in the last two weeks. They are now growing with me, not against me. I want to communicate, not just play and I pray the pieces will come alive. I'm making no apologies that I am absorbed in my own world.

The recital is in three days' time and I haven't decided what to wear. I have my shoes. This is strange for me. The flowers for the stage are ready. I know how I want the piano to be placed and the lights. I am still fooling around with the acoustics in the hall. Somehow the recording sounds very choppy, so I will have to adjust some more things. The piano tech here has worked closely with me to voice the piano. It sounds so much better and much easier to control because the timbre is evened out.

So here's to more Hanon, practice recitals and delayed continuity practice all at mezzo forte. The fun continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment