Sunday, August 31, 2008

Shopping Overload ARGH!!!!

This may seem really strange coming from me. I finally had shopping overload today and it only took one hour. I have never been bombarded with so many store, such a huge selection and amazing variety but also similar in a sense. I never thought I could get shopping overload until today.

I have to live like a local here as I'm on a tight budget so I set out to find the closest cheapest clothing wholesale market around. I just basically googled the area searching for "Cheap clothes Haidian District" and found out there were some markets near the Beijing Zoo. The zoo is about 4 bus stops away from here. I jaunted out yesterday morning when it was rainy and found Tianle market right next to the Beijing Planetarium. I managed to get some clothes there for around 15 yuan a piece. I thought I had hit the jackpot there and told the rest of the gang about it. They wanted to go back so I decided to do some more investigative work and found out I had actually missed the BIG one.

I dropped them off at Tianle this afternoon and went in search of the Zoo Wholesale Market (Dongwuyuan Fuzhuang Sichang). It happened to be just a block away above the bus depot. So we went over there as Tianle was closing. When we got there, we had to split up.

I walked around the market/mall but it was rows and rows of shops, followed by more rows and rows. I didn't reach the end of the other side and there were several floors of shops. It was busy but not terribly busy like say Petaling Street. I was so overwhelmed I didn't buy anything except for a tank top. Totally crazy. I need to upload pictures of the place so you can get an idea. I am definitely going back for my winter coat.

Tomorrow I am going back to Tianle as it is manageable. It is a little bit more dingy and darker but the prices are still good. Most of all it is contained within a little building. Let's see whether I can find a pair of Columbia pants again. :) I am also going by the dancewear shops close by campus and buying my ballroom shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment