Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer Travel in a Nutshell

1. I was in Zhongshan, Guangdong Province China for a few days.
2. I went to Bangkok, Thailand for two weeks with the Chi Alpha Team from the University of Alabama. I had a great time with the Thai university students and the team.
3. I have obtained my Chinese student visa to enter China on Aug 22. I will miss most of the Olympics but if the closing ceremony is broadcast somewhere live, I will go watch it on Aug 24.
4. I am planning to go to Singapore sometime before I leave for Beijing. :)
5. I'm mostly at home in Kampar and I do mean at home! I didn't renew my driver's license, bleh... so there we go. Hopefully I will meet up with a few more friends before I go away. Unfortunately, I will miss quite a few weddings.

In the meantime, I am keeping myself occupied by practicing piano, practicing my written Chinese and following the Malaysian political saga. The politics here are much more interesting than any soap opera I have ever heard about. (Yes, it is better than McCain v. Obama and much juicier than Clinton & Lewinsky!! The "plot" is so complicated and has so many sub-plots, a Malaysian film producer should start a tv series.)

No comments:

Post a Comment