Thursday, May 12, 2005

One More Audition - Last Bus?

Before I lose the grin on my face, I should write about how I landed next week's audition opportunity. I am working for the Success For All Foundation as one of their contract test administrators. The job pays nicely and has alleviated a lot of my financial worries. I agreed to travel out-of-state for them since they would reimburse all my expenses including airfare, hotel, rental car and meals too.

I will be heading to Eutaw, AL next week, flying into Birmingham and staying in Tuscaloosa. I wanted to keep practicing even while I'm there since I really want to learn my Haydn and Bach pieces. As I was looking for a place to stay and possibly practice, I came across the University of Alabama. Upon searching their website, I found out that they have a DMA program in piano.

I wrote to the piano area coordinator and asked if I could meet with her and visit the school. She replied very quickly and said that if I was experienced with choral/vocal accompanying, they'd like to hear me play next week. Several emails later, I found out that someone who had originally accepted the assistantship in accompanying backed out on Friday. I had emailed her on Monday. I hope my accompanying experience and vocal diction background will help me get in. I think I'm playing well these few weeks so I'm in good shape to take on the challenge. I hope I am the person they are looking for and this is the school I'm looking for as well.

I guess I'll get a paycheck plus an all-expense paid audition in Alabama. I'm more than thrilled to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment